about first class
Born in Baltimore, MD, Deemer has played in the highest levels of the game – professionally, Division 1, and the most elite high school conference in the country. Deemer is widely regarded as one of the best outside shooters in lacrosse, and has developed a reputation for coaching offensive techniques from shooting, dodging & re-dodging, stick work, IQ and offensive sets. Coach Class attended Loyola Blakefield, where he helped lead Loyola to a MIAA championship game appearance and was a 2x USL all American and Under Armour all American.
Coach class is sponsored by East Coast Dyes, a Baltimore based company that he signed with in June of 2016.
As a coach, Deemer has experience helping run the men’s offense at the varsity level at McDonogh school (Baltimore, MD), and ran player development. Currently, Deemer is an offensive assistant at the University of Southern California for the women’s D1 program, finishing as high as #7 in 2020. Coach has built FCL into a trusted resource in lacrosse, from drills and concepts being used from college & pro coaches, down to numerous clubs and programs nationwide. Class has run training in over 35 states and for programs such as Crabs, FCA, 91 Lacrosse, Alcatraz Outlaws, Team Carolina, Alcatraz Outlaws, Ironhorse, Highland Park, Maddog & more. FCL has also run virtual webinars for players in Germany, Italy and Japan, expanding the global reach.
With a focus on the men’s and women’s game, Coach Class has set out to be the world’s leader in individual and small group lacrosse instruction with the FCL team.
- Current 2019 PLL player
- Tied MLL record for 2-point goals in a game (3) vs. The New York Lizards (2018)
- Finished with 30 points, 5th amongst all MLL midfielders, 1st amongst Atlanta Midfielders (2018)
- Finished 3rd in goals (24) amongst MLL midfielders (2018)
- Finished as the 2018 league leader in 2 point goals (5)
- 2x NCAA National Champion (2013, 2014)
- 2016 Team Captain
- 3x All-American (2x 1st Team, 1x 2nd Team)
- 3x All-ACC Team
- Holds the Duke midfield record for goals in a season (50) and goals in a career (134)
- Finished with 201 points in his career, 5th all time for midfielders
- 1 of just 6 midfielders in NCAA Division I lacrosse history to score 50 goals in a season
- Finished his career ranked tied for ninth in career goals (134) and 12th in career points (201) at Duke
- Career highs of 10 points (6 goals, 4 assists) as a sophomore vs. Syracuse and 9 points (7 goals, 2 assists) as a senior vs. Syracuse
- 2016 CoSIDA Academic All-American
- 2016 USILA Academic All-American
- 4x All-ACC Academic Team
- 4x ACC Academic Honor Roll
Currently have coached & trained players at or committed to: Duke, JHU, UVA, UMASS, USC, Stanford, UNC, Harvard, Penn, Maryland, Ohio State, Syracuse, Denver, High Point, and more.